Sometimes a picture with words says more than just a picture.
Some Christmas greetings and words of wisdom:
or more to the point, how up-tight and stupid the religious are. LOL
BWAHAHA, I’m not sorry.
luv the speech bubble
now that’s more like what this time of year is really all about
don’t tell the littlies
one last one that has nothing to do with Christmas, I just like it, then again I’m a bit weird like that
wonder what the question is **snerk**
Have a nice holiday people, I’m on leave for the next two weeks, but I’ll still be blogging.
Hat Tip to Tracey Treasure, via Vamp, for finding the wrongcards site (where all these pics were ripped from), why not send one to friends, I know I did.
I got tagged by (((Billy))) for the six random things about myself meme. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you (I did).
2. Post the rules on your blog (I did).
3. Write six random arbitrary things about yourself (see below).
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them (see below – suckers).
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog (doing now).
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (back at you (((Billy)))).
Six Random Things About Me:
- I’ve cut my head open twice in bed related incidents.
- I’m allergic to bee stings. Or at least I was last time I got stung (about 30 years ago) I may not be allergic to them any more according to medical opinion, but I’m not game to risk it. I’ve tried very hard to avoid bees since the last time I got stung. “Is that a balloon in your hand?” “No, it is my hand.”
- I’ve appeared on TV at least twice. Once in an ABC current affairs program, and once broadcast live from an event at the Adelaide Festival Theatre.
- My older sister and I have something in common that my younger sister and brother don’t. (bonus point as this also reveals how many siblings I have)
- I wear a lot of Polo shirts, but none by Lacoste. I don’t know what that says about me?
- I like teasing people with half hinted at statements. (as Fiery would say) ***snerk***
I’m tagging the following six people, however as this meme spreads it’s getting harder to find people who haven’t already been tagged. So if you have already been tagged, or done this meme, just drop a link in my comments. If you don’t have a blog and want to get involved just leave your 6 random things about yourself in my comments.
Atheist Blogger (because we have something in common)
Phoenix Rising (aka Fiery)
Thump Thump Eyes
The Thinkers Podium (because we have something in common)
I’ve rushed this out since I’ve finally realised I’d been tagged (hadn’t checked my own blog for 2 days!) to try and beat others to my taggees. Don’t forget to have a look at the other post today about abortion, censorship and the atheist bus advertising campaign.
Yes I know I said I was going to take a break from writing blogs for a couple of days, and I have spent some time catching up on other’s blogs, but sometimes you just need to pop bubblewrap, or hurl a haggis.
Thanks very much to Wineymomma for these links.
With titles like:
- See the world
- Comfort yourself
- Get in touch with nature
- Dare to dream, and
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
you might think you’ll find some useful advice for the unemployed. Don’t be fooled. You may however, get a good laugh.
As John says:
… remember: being unemployed isn’t the end of the world. A 200,000 ton atom bomb … is the end of the world.
At Tiny Frog the question is asked: “Are comedians more likely to be atheist/agnostic?”
I’ve also wondered, why would so many comedians be atheists?
I have no empirical evidence for any of this, but here’s a few possible reasons:
They are relatively smart
They are widely read
They question everything
They see the funny side of things
They are quick witted
I think the way they look at the world and poke fun at it, lends them to look at religion and poke fun at it.
Tiny Frog’s site lists a few comedians, here’s a few more: Ross Noble, Paul McDermott. Any more?
What other jobs (beside sciences) lend themselves to have a higher proportion of atheists?
Technorati tags: atheism, atheist, religion, humour, humor, agnostic,