Intelligence Squared Australia are putting on a series of live debates on some of the hot topics of the day. From the iq2 site this is the list of topics for this year:
- 15 April – Islam is incompatible with Democracy
- 20 May – China is not fit to host the Olympics
- 8 July – By 2020 only the rich will be at home in Australia
- 19 August – We’d be better off without religion
- 30 September – For a sporting nation we’re not very sporting
- 29 October – America has lost its moral authority
The first one on Islam is already sold out, but supposedly they are broadcast on ABC Radio National and ABC TV, though I can’t see anything in the guides. If anyone finds out when they are on let me know.
The one in August sounds interesting, I may make an effort to get to Sydney for that.