Over at wineymomma, she reviews a book called ‘The Story of the Other Wise Man’ by Henry van Dyke. Whilst I was not particularly interested in the review or her comments (no offence wineymomma) I did like the Love Quiz she discovered during research on Dr. Leo Buscaglia. As I said in a comment on her blog, these are questions everyone should consider, no matter if you are religious or not. Here’s the quiz:
Asking yourself questions and answering them honestly is a good path to self-knowledge. In keeping with this idea, I’d like to propose a few end-of-the-day questions for each of us . . .
· Is anyone a little happier because I came along today?
· Did I leave any concrete evidence of my kindness, any sign of my love?
· Did I try to think of someone I know in a more positive light?
· Did I help someone to feel joy, to laugh, or at least, to smile?
· Have I attempted to remove a little of the rust that is corroding my relationships?
· Have I forgiven others for being less than perfect?
· Have I forgiven myself?
· Have I learned something new about life, living or love?
. Have I gone through the day without fretting over what I don’t have & celebrating the things I do have?
If you are not satisfied with your answers, take heart. Tomorrow you get to start all over again! If you will it, this is one quiz you can never fail.
Whilst I can see a religious person, like wineymomma, could view these questions having religious overtones, and some may even see them as being all ‘new age’, I think we could all benefit by considering them.
I know at least one person who will be telling me I should try and answer Yes to all these questions 😉
How many did you answer YES to today?